§ 119 Illegal Uses of License
Any person who does any of the following is guilty of a misdemeanor:
- Displays or causes or permits to be displayed or has in his or her possession either of the following:
- A canceled, revoked, suspended, or fraudulently altered license.
- A fictitious license or any document simulating a license or purporting to be or have been issued as a license.
- Lends his or her license to any other person or knowingly permits the use thereof by another.
- Displays or represents any license not issued to him or her as being his or her license.
- Fails or refuses to surrender to the issuing authority upon its lawful written demand any license, registration, permit, or certificate which has been suspended, revoked, or canceled.
- Knowingly permits any unlawful use of a license issued to him or her.
- Photographs, photostats, duplicates, manufactures, or in any way reproduces any license or facsimile thereof in a manner that it could be mistaken for a valid license, or displays or has in his or her possession any such photograph, photostat, duplicate, reproduction, or facsimile unless authorized by this code.
- Buys or receives a fraudulent, forged, or counterfeited license knowing that it is fraudulent, forged, or counterfeited. For purposes of this subdivision, "fraudulent" means containing any misrepresentation of fact.
As used in this section, "license" includes "certificate," "permit," "authority," and "registration" or any other indicia giving authorization to engage in a business or profession regulated by this code or referred to in Section 1000 or 3600.