Address and Name Changes

Candidates and licensees are required by the California Code of Regulations (CCR) to immediately report address or name changes to the Board. Reporting these changes assists the Board with communicating important information regarding examinations and licensure. Failure to notify the Board of an address and/or name change is a violation of CCR section 104.

  • Please be advised that candidates taking the Architect Registration Examination (ARE) must also contact NCARB to update their NCARB Record address. Address changes for NCARB can be completed through My NCARB.

  • Candidates whose name has change should contact NCARB at (202) 879-0520. They will not be admitted to sit for the ARE unless their primary form of identification matches the name in their NCARB Record. Candidates not admitted will forfeit the testing fee.

Note: All forms require a wet signature (preferably blue ballpoint); digital signatures will not be accepted.

BERF Information

In addition to the Address Change Form and Name Change Form, licensees must submit a Business Entity Report Form (BERF) with the name and address of the entity through which he or she provides architectural services. Failure to complete a BERF within 30 days may result in an administrative citation which may include a fine up to $1,000.