Alert!  All candidates who earn a license in California must successfully pass the California Supplemental Examination (CSE) before a license will be issued (see information at the bottom of the page). There is no waiver of this requirement


Licensees of Foreign Countries

In addition to the requirements on the reciprocity overview page, a candidate, who is licensed or registered in a foreign country, must have a current and valid certification issued by the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB) and apply through the NCARB Certification process.