The Board will expedite the licensure process for current members or former members of the US Armed Forces who were honorably discharged. Current and former members of the military may possess transferable skills that help them meet the minimum experience requirements required of all candidates. The Board may assist these individuals by:

  • Expediting the application process once the Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD-214) is received by the Board; and
  • Evaluating college transcripts to verify education credit.

Please submit a Military Expedite Request Form (PDF) along with your application. If there are any questions, contact the Board.

Professional License Portability and State Registration for Servicemembers and their Spouses

The federal Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) authorizes service members or their spouses who currently hold a valid license in good standing in another state, district, or territory to practice in California within the same profession or vocation, if they relocate to California because of military orders. For individuals who desire to practice in California under the terms of the SCRA, please visit: